Saturday, October 21, 2017

Common Ground with Charlie Brown, Part II



So how do you get over not trusting a perfect heavenly Daddy? Great question. For me, this is a constant work in progress; but from what I have gleaned with my time with Him so far, it is much the same as with any transformation of the heart.

  • Repent and share your trust issue with Him. You aren’t telling Him something He doesn’t already know…that part is for your benefit.
  • Spend time with Him. Delight yourself in the Lord. This is a discipline that reaps hope and, in time, trust.
  • Take your time in His Word. His promises are true even if you don’t see the fruit just yet.
  • Remind yourself of all His blessings and seasons you have seen and tasted His goodness and safety. It’s interesting that we have a short memory when it comes to His blessings, yet our memory of lost dreams is vivid and unhindered.
  • Remind yourself that what you perceive as lost dreams and hopes, are really the foundation for the future dreams and hopes. Think of Joseph in Genesis 37. 

I wish I could say I instantly started handing the Lord my football with hand-clapping glee. That is my goal. As of this writing, I hand Him my football with obedience, humility, and yes, a watchful eye.

There is grace for human frailty, hallelujah!

“But as for me, I (choose to) trust in you, Oh Lord.
I say, You are my God. My times (footballs) are in your hand.” Ps. 31:14-15




No comments:

Post a Comment